We are now accepting submissions for Electric LaTex 2012. There is no limitation on the type or length of a composition. Each participating university is invited to submit approximately 45 minutes of music (60 minutes max). Participating schools determine their own selection criteria and every attempt will be made to include all submissions.
October 5th for all submissions.
Early submission - for compositions including LSU performers - should be submitted no later than one week before the regular deadline.
How to Submit
This year we are taking submissions via Dropbox. Each school should create their own Dropbox folder and send a link to that folder to us at ElectricLatexLSU@gmail.com
In the folder, please create a subfolder for each work, using the composer’s last name and the first word of the title as the folder name (e.g., Varese_Poeme). Inside each folder, please include the following:
• The performance materials including score, tape part, software patches for performers (if applicable), a compressed .MOV of any video component.
• A recording/rendering of the piece, if possible. (If you do not send a recording, please let us know the approximate duration of the piece.)
• Detailed technical requirements, including any necessary stage plotting.
• Program notes, including composer name, composer bio (250 words or less), date of birth, photo, date of composition, composition medium, performer names, and program notes.
• Special this year:
Please submit a tweet-length (<140 chars) version of your program notes.
A select group of LSU performers have committed to performing (on their respective instruments) the student pieces chosen by conference (see below). The instruments available:
• Percussion (1)
• Saxophone (1)
• A conductor, if needed, can be provided
We are offering accomodation for electronic works with up to 16 channels of audio.
Composers are required to attend both the rehearsal and performance of their work. We strongly suggest that the composer/performer supply everything necessary, with the exception of PA, for the execution of the composition. We will do everything we can to accommodate various needs. The specifications of our setup are listed at the bottom of the page.
If you need to submit your piece in a different way, please contact us at ElectricLatexLSU@gmail.com so arrangements can be made. Also, if you have unusual technical needs, please e-mail us about it as soon as possible so we can do our best to accommodate your work.
Audio files should be in either of the following format — .AIF or .WAV. Video should be in QuickTime .MOV format. We have a range of microphones, a grand piano, and a variety of other performance devices, however, as noted above, we encourage composers to supply everything necessary for the execution of their piece.